Skip to Main Content
Investment opportunity : the FPL low-cost solar dry kilnAuthor(s): George B. Harpole
Source: Gen. Tech. Rep. FPL-GTR-58. Madison, WI: U. S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Forest Products Laboratory. 5 pages.
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: Forest Products Laboratory
View PDF (62 KB)
DescriptionTwo equations are presented that may be used to estimate a maximum investment limit and working capital requirements for the FPL low-cost solar dry kiln systems. The equations require data for drying cycle time, green lumber cost, and kiln-dried lumber costs. Results are intended to provide a preliminary estimate.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationHarpole, George B. 1988. Investment opportunity : the FPL low-cost solar dry kiln. Gen. Tech. Rep. FPL-GTR-58. Madison, WI: U. S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Forest Products Laboratory. 5 pages.
KeywordsDrying, kilns, solar, economics
- Use of wood energy for lumber drying and community heating in southeast Alaska
- Estimating air drying times of small-diameter ponderosa pine and Douglas-fir logs.
- Operation and cost of a small dehumidification dry kiln
XML: View XML