Skip to Main Content
An electrical strain gage for the tensile testing of paperAuthor(s): Douglas M. Jewett
Source: Research Note FPL-RN-03. Madison, WI: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Forest Products Laboratory. 3 p.
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: Forest Products Laboratory
PDF: View PDF (251 KB)
DescriptionA direct-reading strain gage has been developed at the U.S. Forest Products Laboratory that provides rapid and accurate measurement of the stress - strain properties of paper. The gage, which employs a differential transformer, is particularly suited to servo-operated x-y recorders.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationJewett, Douglas M. 1963. An electrical strain gage for the tensile testing of paper. Research Note FPL-RN-03. Madison, WI: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Forest Products Laboratory. 3 p.
KeywordsPaper, stress-strain properties, electrical strain gage, strain gage, tensile testing
- A Dual-Range Strain Gage Weighing Transducer Employing Automatic Switching
- Testing and evaluation of a slot and tab construction technique for light-weight wood-fiber-based structural panels under bending
- Direct Reading Frost Gage Is Reliable, Inexpensive
XML: View XML