Skip to Main Content
The sustainable wood production initiative.Author(s): Robert Deal
Source: Western Forester. September/October. 6 p
Publication Series: Scientific Journal (JRNL)
PDF: View PDF (2.02 MB)
DescriptionTo address concerns about sustainable forestry in the region, the Focused Science Delivery Program is sponsoring a three year Sustainable Wood Production Initiative. The Pacific Northwest is one of the world's major timber producing regions, and the ability of this region to produce wood on a sustained yield basis is widely recognized. Concerns relating to the ecological, social and economic contributions of sustainable forestry, however, will play a major role in future wood production of the region.
- You may send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationDeal, Robert. 2004. The sustainable wood production initiative. Western Forester. September/October. 6 p
- Understanding key issues of sustainable wood production in the Pacific Northwest.
- Knock on wood: Is wood production sustainable in the Pacific Northwest?
- Western hardwoods : value-added research and demonstration program
XML: View XML