Skip to Main Content
Application of a DRAINMOD-based watershed model to a lower coastal plain watershedAuthor(s): Glenn P. Fernandez; George M. Chescheir; R. Wayne Skaggs; Devendra M. Amatya
Source: ASAE Annual International Meeting, July 27-30, Las Vegas, Nevada, p. 1-21
Publication Series: Miscellaneous Publication
PDF: View PDF (986 KB)
DescriptionThis is a case study for applying DRAINMOD-GIS, a DRAINMOD based lumped parameter watershed model to Chicod Creek, a 11300 ha coastal plain watershed in North Carolina which is not intensively instrumented or documented. The study utilized the current database of land-use, topography, stream network, soil, and weather data available to the State and Federal agencies. Methods for collecting, evaluating, and formatting watershed data for model input are described. The study demonstrated that the lumped parameter model may be used to characterize the hydrology and water quality of Chicod Creek. Hydrology predictions were within 1% of the measured data. Predicted mean daily flow weighted concentration compared well with the measured data. Mean annual delivery ratios of each field ranged from 59% to 99% with a watershed mean of 76%. Application of the model to evaluate the effects of changing land are presented.
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationFernandez, Glenn P.; Chescheir, George M.; Skaggs, R. Wayne; Amatya, Devendra M. 2003. Application of a DRAINMOD-based watershed model to a lower coastal plain watershed. ASAE Annual International Meeting, July 27-30, Las Vegas, Nevada, p. 1-21
KeywordsDRAINMOD, drainage, watershed model, water quality
- Application of Watershed Scale Models to Predict Nitrogen Loading From Coastal Plain Watersheds
- DRAINMOD-GIS: a lumped parameter watershed scale drainage and water quality model
- Watershed Models for Predicting Nitrogen Loads from Artificially Drained Lands
XML: View XML