Skip to Main Content
Simulation of hydrology of short rotation hardwood plantationsAuthor(s): John E. Parsons; Carl C. Trettin
Source: ASAE Annual International Meeting, July 30-August 1, Sacramento, California
Publication Series: Miscellaneous Publication
PDF: Download Publication (3.24 MB)
DescriptionA 76 ha hardwood plantation at Trice Research Forest near Sumter, SC is being usedto study forest hydrology on an operational scale. The overall objective of this project is to develop tools to enable forest managers to assess and manage sustainable short rotation woody crop production systems. This paper reports on the use of the water management model, WATRCOM, as a tool for assessing and managing hydrology and water use in these plantations. Four drainage catchments are being monitored for surface and subsurface movement of water and nutrients. The water management model, WATRCOM, is being tested and evaluated on these catchments. Two years of field data are compared to model simulations. Future model development and application to these sites are also discussed.
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationParsons, John E.; Trettin, Carl C. 2001. Simulation of hydrology of short rotation hardwood plantations. ASAE Annual International Meeting, July 30-August 1, Sacramento, California
KeywordsModel, model validation, water management, watershed, woody plants
- The Entiat Experimental Forest: a unique opportunity to examine hydrologic response to wildfire.
- Simulation of the hydrologic effects of afforestation in the tacuarembo river basin, Uruguay
- A watershed decision support tool for managing invasive species on Hawai‘i Island, USA
XML: View XML