Skip to Main Content
ROMI-3: Rough-Mill Simulator Version 3.0: User's GuideAuthor(s): Joel M. Weiss; R. Edward Thomas; R. Edward Thomas
Source: Gen. Tech. Rep. NE-328. Newtown Square, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Research Station. 75 p.
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: Northeastern Research Station
View PDF (10.3 MB)
DescriptionROMI-3 Rough-Mill Simulator is a software package that simulates current industrial practices for rip-first and chop-first lumber processing. This guide shows the user how to set up and examine the results of simulations of current or proposed mill practices. ROMI-3 accepts cutting bills with as many as 600 combined solid and/or panel part sizes. Plots of processed boards are easily viewed or printed, as are detailed summaries of processing data (number of rips and crosscuts) and yields for each grade.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, email@example.com if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationWeiss, Joel M.; Thomas, R. Edward 2005. ROMI-3: Rough-Mill Simulator Version 3.0: User''s Guide. Gen. Tech. Rep. NE-328. Newtown Square, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Research Station. 75 p.
Keywordsgang-rip-first, chop-first, lumber processing, secondary processing, computer simulation
- Potential for yield improvement in combined rip-first and crosscut-first rough mill processing
- ROMI 4.0: Rough mill simulator 4.0 users manual
- Rough mill simulator version 3.0: an analysis tool for refining rough mill operations
XML: View XML