Skip to Main Content
The enhanced forest inventory and analysis programAuthor(s): Ronald E. McRoberts
Source: Gen. Tech. Rep. SRS-80. Asheville, NC: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Southern Research Station. 11-20
Publication Series: Miscellaneous Publication
PDF: View PDF (81.0 KB)
DescriptionAddendum: The supplementary documents referenced in this manuscript are posted on the Web site https://www.fia.fs.fed.us/library/sampling/index.php
The Agricultural Research, Extension, and Education Reform Act of 1998 (Public Law 105–185), also known as the 1998 Farm Bill, prescribed conceptual changes in approaches to forest inventories conducted by the Forest Inventory and Analysis (FIA) Program of the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) Forest Service. Realization of these conceptual changes required development and implementation of technical changes, some of which are substantial. The underlying purposes for documenting the conceptual and technical features of the resulting Enhanced FIA Program are fourfold.
- You may send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationMcRoberts, Ronald E. 2005. The enhanced forest inventory and analysis program. Gen. Tech. Rep. SRS-80. Asheville, NC: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Southern Research Station. 11-20
- The enhanced forest inventory and analysis program of the USDA forest service: historical perspective and announcements of statistical documentation
- The enhanced forest inventory and analysis program - national sampling design and estimation procedures
- Forest statistics for North Georgia, 1998
XML: View XML