Skip to Main Content
Sample-based estimators used by the forest inventory and analysis national information management systemAuthor(s): Charles T. Scott; William A. Bechtold; Gregory A. Reams; William D. Smith; James A. Westfall; Mark H. Hansen; Gretchen G. Moisen
Source: Gen. Tech. Rep. SRS-80. Asheville, NC: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Southern Research Station, p. 53-77.
Publication Series: Miscellaneous Publication
PDF: Download Publication (344.0 KB)
DescriptionAddendum: The supplementary documents referenced in this manuscript are posted on the Web site https://www.fia.fs.fed.us/library/sampling/index.php
This chapter outlines prescribed core procedures for deriving population estimates from attributes measured in conjunction with the Phase 1 and Phase 2 samples. These estimation procedures also apply to those Phase 3 attributes in common with Phase 2. Given the sampling frame and plot design described in the previous two chapters, many estimation approaches can be applied. In fact, one goal of the overall design is to maximize flexibility, so Forest Inventory and Analysis (FIA) data can be used to address a variety of analytical needs.
- You may send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationScott, Charles T.; Bechtold, William A.; Reams, Gregory A.; Smith, William D.; Westfall, James A.; Hansen, Mark H.; Moisen, Gretchen G. 2005. Sample-based estimators used by the forest inventory and analysis national information management system. Gen. Tech. Rep. SRS-80. Asheville, NC: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Southern Research Station, p. 53-77.
- The forest inventory and analysis plot design
- LIDAR forest inventory with single-tree, double- and single-phase procedures
- Preliminary Results of Double-Sample Forest Inventory of Pine and Mixed Stands with High- and Low-Density LiDAR
XML: View XML