Skip to Main Content
Due to a lapse in federal funding, this USDA website will not be actively updated. Once funding has been reestablished, online operations will continue.
Effects of Beech Bark Disease on Trees and EcosystemsAuthor(s): John A. Witter; Jennifer L. Stoyenoff; Holly A. Petrillo; Julie L. Yocum; James I. Cohen; James I. Cohen
Source: In: Evans, Celia A., Lucas, Jennifer A. and Twery, Mark J., eds. Beech Bark Disease: Proceedings of the Beech Bark Disease Symposium; 2004 June 16-18; Saranak Lake, NY. Gen. Tech. Rep. NE-331. Newtown Square, PA: US. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Research Station: 28-35.
Publication Series: Miscellaneous Publication
PDF: View PDF (234.3 KB)
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, email@example.com if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationWitter, John A.; Stoyenoff, Jennifer L.; Petrillo, Holly A.; Yocum, Julie L.; Cohen, James I. 2005. Effects of Beech Bark Disease on Trees and Ecosystems. In: Evans, Celia A., Lucas, Jennifer A. and Twery, Mark J., eds. Beech Bark Disease: Proceedings of the Beech Bark Disease Symposium; 2004 June 16-18; Saranak Lake, NY. Gen. Tech. Rep. NE-331. Newtown Square, PA: US. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Research Station: 28-35.
KeywordsBeech Bark Disease, forest structure, wildlife, silviculture and management, genetics, Northeastern forests, research agenda, Cryptococcus fagisuga, Nectria coccinea var. faginata, Fagus grandifolia
- Regeneration of American Beech (Fagus Grandifolia Ehrh.) in Michican: Interactions of Beech Bark Disease and Management Practices
- Michigan Beech Bark Disease Monitoring and Impact Analysis System
- Invertebrate Biodiversity in Northern Hardwood Ecosystems under Varying Disturbance Regimes
XML: View XML