Skip to Main Content
The Northern Goshawk: Ecology and management: Proceedings of a symposium of the Cooper Ornithological SocietyAuthor(s): William M. Block; Michael L. Morrison; Hildegard Reiser
Source: Studies in Avian Biology. 16. 136 p.
Publication Series: Scientific Journal (JRNL)
Station: Rocky Mountain Research Station
PDF: Download Publication (11.01 MB)
DescriptionThis collection of 22 papers summarizes the current state of knowledge on Northern Goshawks (Accipiter gentilis) within the scientific and management communities. The proceedings are presented in three sections. Research Approaches and Management Concepts contains overviews of research and management for goshawks, forest management to provide goshawk habitat, and field techniques. Resource Ecology focuses largely on habitat use at spatial scales ranging from landscapes to microhabitats. Also included are food habits papers. The section on Population Ecology includes papers on reproductive rates, survival rates, turnover, and numerical responses of goshawks to prey abundance. Our intent is for these proceedings to serve as a springboard from which researchers will critically evaluate their work and that of others, and provide direction for future research.
- You may send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationBlock, William M.; Morrison, Michael L.; Reiser, Hildegard. 1994. The Northern Goshawk: Ecology and management: Proceedings of a symposium of the Cooper Ornithological Society. Studies in Avian Biology. 16. 136 p.
KeywordsNorthern Goshawk, Accipiter gentilis, population dynamics, habitat selection, forest management
- Proceedings of the 15th wildland shrub symposium; June 17-19, 2008; Bozeman, MT
- Seed and soil dynamics in shrubland ecosystems: proceedings; 2002 August 12-16; Laramie, WY
- Proceedings of the 18th biennial southern silvicultural research conference
XML: View XML