Skip to Main Content
Timber resource statistics of south-central Alaska, 2003.Author(s): Willem W.S. van Hees
Source: Res. Bull. PNW-RB-248. Portland, OR: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Pacific Northwest Research Station. 24 p.
Publication Series: Resource Bulletin (RB)
Station: Pacific Northwest Research Station
Download Publication (780 KB)
DescriptionEstimates of timber resources for south-central Alaska are presented. Data collection began in 2000 and was completed in 2003. All forest lands over all ownerships were considered for sampling. The inventory unit was, roughly, the region between Icy Bay to the east and Kodiak Island to the west. Forest lands within national forest wilderness study areas and recommended wilderness areas were not sampled on the ground. Tables present supply estimates of area, timber volume, growth, mortality, and harvest.
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
Citationvan Hees, Willem W.S. 2005. Timber resource statistics of south-central Alaska, 2003. Res. Bull. PNW-RB-248. Portland, OR: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Pacific Northwest Research Station. 24 p.
KeywordsForest surveys, timber resources, statistics (forest), Alaska (south- central)
- Timber resource statistics for the north interior resource area of California.
- Timber resource statistics for the central coast resource area of California.
- Timber resource statistics for the Sacramento resource area of California.
XML: View XML