Skip to Main Content
Survey responses from Region 9: Are we achieving the public's objectives for forests and rangelands?Author(s): Michelle Haefele; Deborah J. Shields; Donna L. Lybecker
Source: Gen. Tech. Rep. RMRS-GTR-159. Fort Collins, CO: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Rocky Mountain Research Station. 28 p.
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: Rocky Mountain Research Station
View PDF (1.0 MB)
DescriptionThe survey on values, objectives, beliefs, and attitudes, implemented as a module of the National Survey on Recreation and the Environment, asked over 7,000 respondents nationwide about their values with respect to public lands, objectives for the management of these lands, beliefs about the role the USDA Forest Service should play in fulfilling those objectives, and attitudes about the job the agency has been doing. This report - one of a series of similar regional reports - shows respondents from the East (USDA Forest Service Region 9: Connecticut, Delaware, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont, West Virginia, Wisconsin) are somewhat more strongly in favor of preserving the natural resources of forests and grasslands through such policies as no timber harvesting or no mining than respondents from the rest of the United States, and slightly less inclined toward making the permitting process easier. Nationwide, as in the East, the most important objective was conserving and protecting forests and grassland watersheds.
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationHaefele, Michelle; Shields, Deborah J.; Lybecker, Donna L. 2005. Survey responses from Region 9: Are we achieving the public's objectives for forests and rangelands?. Gen. Tech. Rep. RMRS-GTR-159. Fort Collins, CO: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Rocky Mountain Research Station. 28 p.
KeywordsNational Survey on Recreation and the Environment, forests, rangelands, grassland watersheds, East, Region 9, timber harvesting, mining
- Survey responses from Region 3: Are we achieving the public's objectives for forests and rangelands?
- Survey responses from the Intermountain West: Are we achieving the public's objectives for forests and rangelands?
- Survey responses from Region 5: Are we achieving the public's objectives for forests and rangelands?
XML: View XML