Skip to Main Content
Pallet use in grocery distribution affects forest resource consumption location: a spatial model of grocery pallet useAuthor(s): R. Bruce Anderson; R. Bruce Anderson
Source: Res. Pap. NE-651. Radnor, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Forest Experiment Station. 5 p.
Publication Series: Research Paper (RP)
Station: Northeastern Research Station
View PDF (405.26 KB)
DescriptionTo assess the impact of grocery pallet production on future hardwood resources, better information is needed on the current use of reusable pallets by the grocery and related products industry. A spatial model of pallet use in the grocery distribution system that identifies the locational aspects of grocery pallet production and distribution, determines how these aspects influence the demand and supply of grocery pallets, and assesses the overall impact of grocery pallet consumption on the forest resource is described. Also presented is a method for estimating the overall quantity of new grocery pallet consumption by grocery distribution centers. This method is useful in assessing the effect of changes in grocery pallet consumption on the hardwood resource in a particular region.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, email@example.com if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationAnderson, R. Bruce. 1991. Pallet use in grocery distribution affects forest resource consumption location: a spatial model of grocery pallet use. Res. Pap. NE-651. Radnor, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Forest Experiment Station. 5 p.
KeywordsSpatial model, production, usage
- Pallet Users State Their Preferences For Used Pallets - Companion Stringers Cited as Biggest
- An econometric model of the U.S. pallet market
- Wood used in pallets manufactured in the United States, 1982
XML: View XML