Skip to Main Content
West Virginia yellow-poplar lumber defect databaseAuthor(s): Lawrence E. Osborn; Charles J. Gatchell; Curt C. Hassler; Curt C. Hassler
Source: Res. Pap. NE-660. Radnor, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Forest Experiment Station. 10 p.
Publication Series: Research Paper (RP)
Station: Northeastern Research Station
Download Publication (598.61 KB)
DescriptionDescribes the data collection methods and the format of the new West Virginia yellow-poplar lumber defect database that was developed for use with computer simulation programs. The database contains descriptions of 627 boards, totaling approximately 3,800 board. feet, collected in West Virginia in grades FAS, FASlF, No. 1 Common, No. 2A Common, and No. 2B Common. The database includes a complete description of each board and each defect on the boards in a format that is readily acceptable for use with different simulation programs.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, email@example.com if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationOsborn, Lawrence E.; Gatchell, Charles J.; Hassler, Curt C. 1992. West Virginia yellow-poplar lumber defect database. Res. Pap. NE-660. Radnor, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Forest Experiment Station. 10 p.
KeywordsLumber, wood defects, Liriodendron tulipiera
- A comprehensive defect data bank for no. 2 common oak lumber
- Hardwood log defect photographic database, software and user's guide
- An Examination of Regional Hardwood Roundwood Markets in West Virginia
XML: View XML