National proceedings: Forest and Conservation Nursery Associations-2004Author(s): R. K. Dumroese; L. E. Riley; T. D. Landis
Source: Proc. RMRS-P-35. Fort Collins, CO: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Rocky Mountain Research Station. 142 p.
Publication Series: Proceedings (P)
Station: Rocky Mountain Research Station
PDF: Download Publication (2 MB)
DescriptionThis proceedings is a compilation of 30 papers that were presented at the regional meetings of the Forest and Conservation Nursery Associations in the United States in 2004. The joint meeting of the Southern Forest Nursery Association and the Northeastern Forest and Conservation Nursery Association occurred July 12 to 15 at the Embassy Suites Hotel in Charleston, South Carolina. The meeting was hosted by the South Carolina Forestry Commission, Taylor Nursery. In addition to technical sessions, tours of the Baucom Containerized Nursery and Mead/Westvaco Nursery were included. The Western Forest and Conservation Nursery Association meeting was held at the Red Lion Inn in Medford, Oregon, July 26 to 29. The meeting was hosted by the USDA Forest Service, J Herbert Stone Nursery. Morning technical sessions were followed by field trips to the J Herbert Stone Nursery and to restoration outplantings on the Timbered Rock Fire of 2002 in southern Oregon. Subject matter for both sessions included nursery history, conifer and hardwood nursery culturing, greenhouse management, fertilization, pest management, restoration, and native species propagation.
Individual papers from this publication
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationDumroese, R. K.; Riley, L. E.; Landis, T. D. 2005. National proceedings: Forest and Conservation Nursery Associations-2004. Proc. RMRS-P-35. Fort Collins, CO: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Rocky Mountain Research Station. 142 p.
Keywordsbareroot nursery, container nursery, nursery practices, fertilization, pesticides, seeds, reforestation, restoration, plant propagation, native plants, tree physiology, hardwood species
- National Proceedings: Forest and Conservation Nursery Associations-2005
- National Proceedings: Forest and Conservation Nursery Associations-2008
- National proceedings: forest and conservation nursery associations-1999, 2000, and 2001
XML: View XML