Skip to Main Content
Time - Temperature Relationships of Test Head Fired and BackfiresAuthor(s): Lawrence S. Davis; Robert E. Martin
Source: USDA Forest Service, Southeastern Forest Experiment Station, Research Notes No. 148
Publication Series: Miscellaneous Publication
Station: Southeastern Forest Experiment Station
PDF: View PDF (93 KB)
DescriptionTime-temperature relations were measured during the course of a preliminary investigation of the thermal characteristics of forest fires. Observations on 5 head fires and 5 backfires in 8-year-old gallberry-palmetto roughs on the Alapaha Experimental Range near Tifton, Georgia, are the basis for this report.
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationDavis, Lawrence S.; Martin, Robert E. 1960. Time - Temperature Relationships of Test Head Fired and Backfires. USDA Forest Service, Southeastern Forest Experiment Station, Research Notes No. 148
- Predicting fire behavior in palmetto-gallberry fuel complexes
- Particulate Matter Emissions for Fires in the Palmetto-Gallberry Fuel Type
- Potential Natural Vegetation Group: Palmetto Prairie
XML: View XML