Skip to Main Content
Design, implementation, and analysis methods for the National Woodland Owner SurveyAuthor(s): Brett J. Butler; Earl C. Leatherberry; Michael S. Williams; Michael S. Williams
Source: Gen. Tech. Rep. NE-336. Newtown Square, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Research Station. 43 p.
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: Northeastern Research Station
View PDF (1.33 MB)
DescriptionThe National Woodland Owner Survey (NWOS) is conducted by the USDA Forest Service, Forest Inventory and Analysis program to increase our understanding of private forest-land owners in the United States. The information is intended to help policy makers, resource managers, and others interested in the forest resources of the United States better understand the social context of forests and formulate more informed opinions and decisions. Every year, a different set of approximately 6,500 private forest-land owners from across the country were asked to participate in the NWOS. This document describes the design, implementation, and processing of data for the NWOS from 2002 through 2006. For updates to this report and additional information visit: www.fs.fed.us/woodlandowners.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, firstname.lastname@example.org if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationButler, Brett J.; Leatherberry, Earl C.; Williams, Michael S. 2005. Design, implementation, and analysis methods for the National Woodland Owner Survey. Gen. Tech. Rep. NE-336. Newtown Square, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Research Station. 43 p.
KeywordsForest Inventory and Analysis, landowner survey, forest-land owners
- USDA Forest Service National Woodland Owner Survey, 2011-2013: design, implementation, and estimation methods
- Assessing forest ownership dynamics in the United States: Methods and challenges
- Values and motivations of private forest owners in the United States: a framework based on open-ended responses in the national woodland owner survey
XML: View XML