Computer simulation modeling of recreation use: Current status, case studies, and future directionsAuthor(s): David N. Cole
Source: Gen. Tech. Rep. RMRS-GTR-143. Fort Collins, CO: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Rocky Mountain Research Station. 75 p.
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: Rocky Mountain Research Station
View PDF (820 B)
DescriptionThis report compiles information about recent progress in the application of computer simulation modeling to planning and management of recreation use, particularly in parks and wilderness. Early modeling efforts are described in a chapter that provides an historical perspective. Another chapter provides an overview of modeling options, common data input requirements, and useful model outputs. The bulk of the report consists of case studies that illustrate a broad array of recreational situations and management applications for simulation modeling. A final chapter describes some future directions for modeling work. Although simulation of recreation use is already a tool for planning and management, its utility could be greatly enhanced with further work in software development, increased understanding of appropriate methodologies, and greater attention to model verification and validation.
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationCole, David N. 2005. Computer simulation modeling of recreation use: Current status, case studies, and future directions. Gen. Tech. Rep. RMRS-GTR-143. Fort Collins, CO: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Rocky Mountain Research Station. 75 p.
Keywordscomputer simulation, park planning, recreation management, simulation modeling
- Future directions for simulation of recreation use
- Case studies of simulation models of recreation use
- Historical Development of Simulation Models of Recreation Use
XML: View XML