Skip to Main Content
Hampton Mill maintains title : top twelve producer mills are in NorthwestAuthor(s): Henry Spelter
Source: Timber processing. (July/Aug. 2004): Page 67
Publication Series: Miscellaneous Publication
PDF: Download Publication (42 KB)
DescriptionCongratulations again to Hampton Affiliates and especially its lumber operation in Willamina, Ore. for being the top lumber producer in the U.S. in 2003. The mill’s output of 433 MMBF exceeded its previous year’s total by almost 50 MMBF. The Weyerhaeuser Co. sawmill at Cottage Grove, Ore. placed second with 340 MMBF (it was third in last year’s list) and the Simpson dimension sawmill in Tacoma, Wash. rounded out the top three with 330 MMBF.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationSpelter, Henry. 2004. Hampton Mill maintains title : top twelve producer mills are in Northwest. Timber processing. (July/Aug. 2004): Page 67
KeywordsForest products industry, sawmills, Hampton Mill, lumber production
- Hampton at Willamina is #1 : Seneca, Weyerhaeuser mills follow
- Minor shake up : markets were soft, but the big mills still packed some production punch
- The top 200! : big production numbers in 2005, such as those posted by the Hampton Affiliates sawmill in Willamina, Ore., may be tamed in 2006
XML: View XML