Skip to Main Content
Due to a lapse in federal funding, this USDA website will not be actively updated. Once funding has been reestablished, online operations will continue.
Time- and cost-saving apparatus for analytical sample filtrationAuthor(s): William R. Kenealy; Joseph C. Destree
Source: Research Note FPL-RN-0298. Madison, WI: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Forest Products Laboratory. 2 p.
Publication Series: Research Note (RN)
Station: Forest Products Laboratory
View PDF (263 KB)
DescriptionSimple and cost-effective protocols were developed for removing particulates from samples prior to analysis by high performance liquid chromatography and gas chromatography. A filter and vial holder were developed for use with a 96-well filtration plate. The device saves preparation time and costs.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationKenealy, William R.; Destree, Joseph C. 2005. Time- and cost-saving apparatus for analytical sample filtration. Research Note FPL-RN-0298. Madison, WI: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Forest Products Laboratory. 2 p.
KeywordsAnalytical preparation, filtration
- Analysis of soy flour/phenol-formaldehyde adhesives for bonding wood
- FPL designs meet family housing needs
- Modification of lignocellulosic materials by laccase
XML: View XML