Skip to Main Content
Seismic behavior of low-rise wood frame buildingsAuthor(s): R.H. Falk; L.A. Soltis
Source: Shock and vibration digest. Vol. 20, no. 12 (Dec. 1988)
Publication Series: Miscellaneous Publication
PDF: Download Publication (51 KB)
DescriptionThis article reviews the performance of wood-frame buildings in recent earthquakes, and summarizes research performed to more fully understand their seismic behavior.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationFalk, R.H.; Soltis, L.A. 1988. Seismic behavior of low-rise wood frame buildings. Shock and vibration digest. Vol. 20, no. 12 (Dec. 1988)
KeywordsWood-framed buildings, seismic behavior, earthquakes, wooden buildings
- Survey of existing performance requirements in codes and standards for light-frame construction
- Building codes : obstacle or opportunity?
- Seismic performance of low-rise wood buildings
XML: View XML