Skip to Main Content
Procedure and computer program to calculate machine contribution to sawmill recoveryAuthor(s): Philip H. Steele; Hiram Hallock; Stanford Lunstrum
Source: Res. Pap. FPL-RP-383. Madison, WI: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Forest Products Laboratory. 20 pages
Publication Series: Research Paper (RP)
Station: Forest Products Laboratory
Download Publication (646 KB)
DescriptionThe importance of considering individual machine contribution to total mill efficiency is discussed. A method for accurately calculating machine contribution is introduced, and an example is given using this method. A FORTRAN computer program to make the necessary complex calculations automatically is also presented with user instructions.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationSteele, Philip H.; Hallock, Hiram; Lunstrum, Stanford. 1981. Procedure and computer program to calculate machine contribution to sawmill recovery. Res. Pap. FPL-RP-383. Madison, WI: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Forest Products Laboratory. 20 pages
KeywordsSawmills, computer programs, mill efficiency, machine contribution
- ChargeOut! : discounted cash flow compared with traditional machine-rate analysis
- Machine cost analysis using the traditional machine-rate method and ChargeOut!
- Logging system cost analysis: comparison of methods used.
XML: View XML