Skip to Main Content
The western juniper resource of eastern Oregon, 1999.Author(s): David L. Azuma; Bruce A. Hiserote; Paul A. Dunham
Source: Res. Bull. PNW-RB-249. Portland, OR: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Pacific Northwest Research Station. 18 p
Publication Series: Resource Bulletin (RB)
Station: Pacific Northwest Research Station
View PDF (824 KB)
DescriptionThis report summarizes resource statistics for eastern Oregon's juniper forests, which are in Baker, Crook, Deschutes, Gilliam, Grant, Harney, Jefferson, Klamath, Lake, Malheur, Morrow, Sherman, Umatilla, Union, Wallowa, Wasco, and Wheeler Counties. We sampled all ownerships outside of the National Forest System; we report the statistics on juniper forest on national forest lands by using data from the national forest, Pacific Northwest Region inventory. Statistical tables summarize the area covered by juniper trees and juniper forest, wood volume, and numbers of trees, by ownership and juniper type. We found juniper on an estimated 6.5 million acres, a little more than half that was considered forest land. Evidence suggests that amount of forest land will continue to increase.
- You may send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationAzuma, David L.; Hiserote, Bruce A.; Dunham, Paul A. 2005. The western juniper resource of eastern Oregon, 1999. Res. Bull. PNW-RB-249. Portland, OR: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Pacific Northwest Research Station. 18 p
KeywordsForest inventory, western juniper, resource statistics, eastern
- Western juniper in eastern Oregon.
- Western juniper drying project summaries, 1993-96.
- Cubic-foot tree volume equations and tables for western juniper.
XML: View XML