Assessment of grassland ecosystem conditions in the Southwestern United States: Wildlife and fish. Vol. 2Author(s): Deborah M. Finch
Source: Gen. Tech. Rep. RMRS-GTR-135-vol. 2. Fort Collins, CO: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Rocky Mountain Research Station. 168 p.
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: Rocky Mountain Research Station
View PDF (4.5 MB)
DescriptionThis report is volume 2 of a two-volume ecological assessment of grassland ecosystems in the Southwestern United States. Broad-scale assessments are syntheses of current scientific knowledge, including a description of uncertainties and assumptions, to provide a characterization and comprehensive description of ecological, social, and economic components within an assessment area. Volume 1 of this assessment focused on the ecology, types, conditions, and management practices of Southwestern grasslands. Volume 2 (this volume) describes wildlife and fish species, their habitat requirements, and species-specific management concerns, in Southwestern grasslands. This assessment is regional in scale and pertains primarily to lands administered by the Southwestern Region of the USDA Forest Service (Arizona, New Mexico, western Texas, and western Oklahoma). A primary purpose of volume 1 is to provide information to employees of the National Forest System for managing grassland ecosystems and landscapes, both at the Forest Plan level for Plan amendments and revisions, and at the project level to place site-specific activities within the larger framework. This volume should also be useful to State, municipal, and other Federal agencies, and to private landowners that manage grasslands in the Southwestern United States.
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationFinch, Deborah M. 2005. Assessment of grassland ecosystem conditions in the Southwestern United States: Wildlife and fish. Vol. 2. Gen. Tech. Rep. RMRS-GTR-135-vol. 2. Fort Collins, CO: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Rocky Mountain Research Station. 168 p.
Keywordsgrasslands, ecological assessment, Southwestern United States, ecosystem conditions, wildlife, fish, birds, mammals, Arizona, New Mexico
- Assessment of grassland ecosystem conditions in the Southwestern United States. Vol. 1
- Purpose and Need for a Grassland Assessment
XML: View XML