Skip to Main Content
Predicting crown weight of coast Douglas-fir and western hemlock.Author(s): J. Kendall Snell; Brian F. Anholt
Source: Res. Pap. PNW-RP-281. Portland, OR: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Pacific Northwest Forest and Range Experiment Station. 13 p
Publication Series: Research Paper (RP)
Station: Pacific Northwest Research Station
Download Publication (826 KB)
DescriptionEquations are presented for estimating weights of total crowns and crown components for Douglas-fir and western hemlock.
- Visit PNW's Publication Request Page to request a hard copy of this publication.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationSnell, J. Kendall; Anholt, Brian F. 1981. Predicting crown weight of coast Douglas-fir and western hemlock. Res. Pap. PNW-RP-281. Portland, OR: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Pacific Northwest Forest and Range Experiment Station. 13 p
KeywordsCrown weights, biomass, residue weights, Douglas-fir, Pseudotsuga menziesii, western hemlock, Tsuga heterophyll
- Estimating the weight of crown segments for old-growth Douglas-fir and western hemlock.
- Development of Sirococcus shoot blight following thinning in western hemlock regeneration.
- Western hemlock as a veneer resource.
XML: View XML