Skip to Main Content
Projected participation in marine recreation: 2005 & 2010Author(s): Vernon R. Leeworthy; J. Michael Bowker; Justin H. Hospital; Edward A. Stone
Source: Final report; U.S. Department of Commerce, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Adminsitration. Silver Spring, MD: U.S. Department of Commerce, national Oceanic and Atmospheric Adminsitration, National Ocean Service. 152 p.
Publication Series: Miscellaneous Publication
PDF: View PDF (664 KB)
DescriptionBackground and Definitions. NSRE 2000 is the first National Survey to include a broad assessment of the Nation’s participation in marine recreation. Approximately every five years since 1955, the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service has conducted a National Survey of Fishing, Hunting and Wildlife Associated Recreation. But the marine component of recreation was only broken out for saltwater fishing. In 1979, the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), National Marine Fisheries Service (NMFS) initiated the Marine Recreational Fisheries Statistics Survey (MRFSS). This survey is an annual survey of catch and effort. So prior to the NSRE 2000, national surveys of marine recreation have been limited to saltwater fishing.
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationLeeworthy, Vernon R.; Bowker, J. Michael; Hospital, Justin H.; Stone, Edward A. 2005. Projected participation in marine recreation: 2005 & 2010. Final report; U.S. Department of Commerce, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Adminsitration. Silver Spring, MD: U.S. Department of Commerce, national Oceanic and Atmospheric Adminsitration, National Ocean Service. 152 p.
- Off-highway vehicle recreation in the United States, regions, and states: a national report from the national survey on recreation and the environment (NSRE)
- Socioeconomic benefits of recreational, commercial, and subsistence fishing associated with national forests
- Wildlife-associated recreation trends in the United States: a technical document supporting the Forest Service 2010 RPA Assessment
XML: View XML