Skip to Main Content
Off-highway vehicle recreation in the United States, regions, and states: a national report from the national survey on recreation and the environment (NSRE)Author(s): H. Ken Cordell; Carter J. Betz; Gary Green; Matt Owens
Source: <a href =http://www.fs.fed.us/recreation/programs/ohv/OHV_final_report.pdf>http://www.fs.fed.us/recreation/programs/ohv/OHV_final_report.pdf</a> Sep. 6, 2005.
Publication Series: Miscellaneous Publication
PDF: View PDF (572 KB)
DescriptionThis report was prepared for the Forest Service’s National OHV Policy & Implementation Teams. The source of data is the National Survey on Recreation and the Environment (NSRE). The data used in this report from the NSRE were collected between the fall of 1999 through late 2004. More about the NSRE can be found at this web site, www.srs.fs.fed.us/trends. As the reader will note, detailed results from the NSRE describing off-highway vehicle users can be found in the Appendices to this report (reader, please note that wording . We chose to put the more detailed results in appendices to reduce the number and length of data tables in the main body of this report. The focus of this report is on off-highway driving of motor vehicles. Wording of the question in the NSRE referred to “off-road” driving because this is how the activity was phrased in previous NSRE surveys. For this report we will consider off-highway and off-road to be the same.
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationCordell, H. Ken; Betz, Carter J.; Green, Gary; Owens, Matt. 2005. Off-highway vehicle recreation in the United States, regions, and states: a national report from the national survey on recreation and the environment (NSRE). http://www.fs.fed.us/recreation/programs/ohv/OHV_final_report.pdf Sep. 6, 2005.
- Learning to Live with Off-Highway Vehicles: Lessons Learned from the Dixie National Forest
- Diverse users of four urban national forests: participation, preferences, and perceptions
- Alternative models of recreational off-highway vehicle site demand
XML: View XML