Skip to Main Content
The New England forest: baseline for New England forest health monitoringAuthor(s): Robert T. Brooks; Thomas S Frieswyk; Douglas M. Griffith; Ellen Cooter; Luther Smith; Luther Smith
Source: Resour. Bull. NE-124. Radnor, PA: US. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Forest Experiment Station. 89 p
Publication Series: Resource Bulletin (RB)
Station: Northeastern Research Station
Download Publication (2.94 MB)
DescriptionThe USDA Forest Service along with various cooperators has initiated Forest Health Monitoring (FHM) in New England to assess the condition and stressors of the region's forests, to analyze changes in these data over time, and to identify any relationships between forest condition and stressors. A major component of FHM in New England is 263 permanent plots located across the region on which growth efficiency, foliar condition and nutrition, soil nutrition, and landscape characteristics will be measured and reported annually. This publication describes the forest resources of New England and discusses major influences--insects and pathogens, climate and weather, and atmospheric deposition and pollution.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, firstname.lastname@example.org if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationBrooks, Robert T.; Frieswyk, Thomas S; Griffith, Douglas M.; Cooter, Ellen; Smith, Luther. 1992. The New England forest: baseline for New England forest health monitoring. Resour. Bull. NE-124. Radnor, PA: US. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Forest Experiment Station. 89 p
- Forest health monitoring in New England: 1990 annual report
- New England wildlife: management forested habitats
- Technical guide to forest wildlife habitat management in New England
XML: View XML