Skip to Main Content
Forest health monitoring in New England: 1990 annual reportAuthor(s): Robert T. Brooks; David R. Dickson; William B. Burkman; Imants Millers; Margaret Miller-Weeks; Ellen Cooter; Luther Smith; Luther Smith
Source: Resour. Bull. NE-125. Radnor, PA: US. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Forest Experiment Station. 111 p.
Publication Series: Resource Bulletin (RB)
Station: Northeastern Research Station
Download Publication (3.29 MB)
DescriptionThe USDA Forest Service, in cooperation with the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and the New England State Forestry Agencies initiated field sampling for the Forest Health Monitoring program in 1990. Two hundred and sixty-three permanent sample plots were established. Measurements were taken to characterize the physical conditions of the plots. This publication reports results of the first-year measurements of tree crown condition, tree damage, and bioindicator plants. The publication also reports the status of major forest stressors during 1990, including forest insects and pathogens, atmospheric deposition and pollution, and climate and weather.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, firstname.lastname@example.org if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationBrooks, Robert T.; Dickson, David R.; Burkman, William B.; Millers, Imants; Miller-Weeks, Margaret; Cooter, Ellen; Smith, Luther. 1992. Forest health monitoring in New England: 1990 annual report. Resour. Bull. NE-125. Radnor, PA: US. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Forest Experiment Station. 111 p.
- Summary report: Forest health monitoring in the South, 1992
- Crown-condition classification: a guide to data collection and analysis
- Where are the Walnut Trees in Minnesota? 1995.
XML: View XML