Skip to Main Content
The timber industries of Pennsylvania, 1988Author(s): Eric H. Wharton; John L. Bearer; John L. Bearer
Source: Resour. Bull. NE-130. Radnor, PA: US. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Forest Experiment Station. 40 p.
Publication Series: Resource Bulletin (RB)
Station: Northeastern Research Station
View PDF (2.58 MB)
DescriptionEvaluates regional timber output of Pennsylvania. Results are based on a survey of primary processing mills located in the state, and of mills in other states that used wood from Pennsylvania. Contains statistics on industrial timber production and mill receipts and the production and final end use of manufacturing residues. Comparisons are made between historical and current data, and trends in industrial wood output are noted. Contains graphics and statistical tables.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, email@example.com if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationWharton, Eric H.; Bearer, John L. 1993. The timber industries of Pennsylvania, 1988. Resour. Bull. NE-130. Radnor, PA: US. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Forest Experiment Station. 40 p.
KeywordsForest survey, production, consumption, industrial forest products, manufacturing residue
- Forest products industries of the southern Middle-Atlantic states, 1985 - 1986
- The timber industries of Delaware, 1985
- Wood Removals and Timber Use in New York, 1993
XML: View XML