Skip to Main Content
Regeneration in mixed conifer and Douglas-fir shelterwood cuttings in the Cascade Range of Washington.Author(s): K.W. Seidel
Source: Res. Pap. PNW-RP-314. Portland, OR: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Pacific Northwest Forest and Range Experiment Station. 17 p
Publication Series: Research Paper (RP)
Station: Pacific Northwest Research Station
Download Publication (1.27 MB)
DescriptionA survey of shelterwood cuttings in mixed conifer and Douglas-fir (Pseudotsuga menziesii (Mirb.) Franco) forests in the Cascade Range in Washington showed that, on the average, shelterwood units were adequately-stocked with a mixture of advance, natural postharvest, and planted reproduction of a number of species. Shelterwood cuttings in the Douglas-fir type had abundant regeneration, whereas those in the mixed conifer type had generally adequate stocking but fewer seedlings. Much of the understocking appeared to be related to a nonuniform overstory, lack of advance reproduction, or high elevation.
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationSeidel, K.W. 1983. Regeneration in mixed conifer and Douglas-fir shelterwood cuttings in the Cascade Range of Washington. Res. Pap. PNW-RP-314. Portland, OR: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Pacific Northwest Forest and Range Experiment Station. 17 p
KeywordsShelterwood cutting method, regeneration (stand), regeneration (natural), regeneration (artificial), Cascade RangeWashington, Washington (Cascade Range).
- Regeneration in mixed conifer shelterwood cuttings in the Cascade Range of eastern Oregon.
- Regeneration in United States Department of Agriculture Forest Service mixed conifer partial cuttings in the Blue Mountains of Oregon and Washington.
- Successful natural regeneration cuttings in California true firs.
XML: View XML