Skip to Main Content
Southern hardwood forestry group going strong after 50 yearsAuthor(s): Brian Roy Lockhart; Steve Meadows; Jeff Portwood
Source: Delta Wildlife.13(Spring): 5-6.
Publication Series: Miscellaneous Publication
PDF: Download Publication (785 KB)
DescriptionOn November 15,200 1, the Southern Hardwood Forestry Group (referred to as the Group) met at the U.S. Forest Service Southern Research Station's Southern Hardwoods Laboratory in Stoneville, hlississippi to celebrate the Group's 50th anniversary. About 130 members and guests attended to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the Group and to honor its charter mernbers. Three charter members from the original 71, E. C. Burkhardt, Wirt Bond, and Charles Crowther, all from Vicksburg, MS were able to attend and were given special recognition for their efforts in promoting hardwood forest management for half a century.
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationLockhart, Brian Roy; Meadows, Steve; Portwood, Jeff. 2005. Southern hardwood forestry group going strong after 50 years. Delta Wildlife.13(Spring): 5-6.
- Fifty years of wilderness science: An international perspective
- Aldo and Leonardo: A wilderness science and art collaboration
- Concluding Remarks: Moving Forward on Scientific Knowledge and Management Approaches to Tropical Forests in the Anthropocene Epoch
XML: View XML