Connecting mountain islands and desert seas: Biodiversity and management of the Madrean Archipelago IIAuthor(s): Gerald J. Gottfried; Brooke S. Gebow; Lane G. Eskew; Carleton B. Edminster
Source: Proceedings RMRS-P-36. Fort Collins, CO: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Rocky Mountain Research Station. 631 p
Publication Series: Proceedings (P)
Station: Rocky Mountain Research Station
PDF: View PDF (17.5 MB)
DescriptionThe Madrean Archipelago, or Sky Island, region of the southwestern United States and northern Mexico is recognized for its great biological diversity and natural beauty. This conference brought together scientists, managers, and other interested parties to share their knowledge about the region and to identify needs and possible solutions for existing and emerging problems. It provided a forum to update the state-of-knowledge acquired since the first conference in 1994. The proceedings contains over 100 articles and additional abstracts from the plenary sessions and from concurrent sessions covering biogeography, ecosystem monitoring, science-based management, cultural resources/history, invasive species, hydrology and biodiversity, conservation planning, ecology, fire, conservation practice, and global climatic change. Abstracts in Spanish are included. The summary of an open forum at the end of the conference provides additional thoughts about current and future needs for the Madrean Archipelago.
- You may send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationGottfried, Gerald J.; Gebow, Brooke S.; Eskew, Lane G.; Edminster, Carleton B. 2005. Connecting mountain islands and desert seas: Biodiversity and management of the Madrean Archipelago II. Proceedings RMRS-P-36. Fort Collins, CO: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Rocky Mountain Research Station. 631 p
KeywordsMadrean Archipelago, Sky Island, southwestern United States, northern Mexico
- Merging science and management in a rapidly changing world: Biodiversity and management of the Madrean Archipelago III and 7th Conference on Research and Resource Management in the Southwestern Deserts; 2012 May 1-5; Tucson, AZ
- Biodiversity and management of the Madrean Archipelago II: Summary of discussions during the concluding session
- Cross border waters: Fragile treasures for the 21st Century; Ninth U.S./Mexico Border States Conference on Recreation, Parks, and Wildlife; 1998, June 3-6
XML: View XML