Skip to Main Content
The timber industries of southern New England--a periodic assessment of timber outputAuthor(s): Robert L., Jr. Nevel; Eric H. Wharton; Eric H. Wharton
Source: Resour. Bull. NE-101. Broomall, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Forest Experiment Station. 28 p.
Publication Series: Resource Bulletin (RB)
Station: Northeastern Research Station
Download Publication (1.07 MB)
DescriptionEvaluates regional timber output based on the results of a survey of the timber industries of southern New England. Contains statistics on industrial timber production and receipts in Connecticut, Massachusetts and Rhode Island, by state and species, log shipments between states, sawmills and lumber production, and the production and disposition of manufacturing residues. Comparisons are made with historical and recent data, and trends in industrial wood output are noted. Includes graphics and statistical tables.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, firstname.lastname@example.org if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationNevel, Robert L., Jr.; Wharton, Eric H. 1988. The timber industries of southern New England--a periodic assessment of timber output. Resour. Bull. NE-101. Broomall, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Forest Experiment Station. 28 p.
Keywordstimber output, industrial timber harvest, roundwood, Connecticut manufacturers, Massachusetts manufacturers, Rhode Island manufacturers, wood residue use, southern New England, production/consumption statistic
- The timber industries of Delaware, 1985
- New York Timber industries - a periodic assessment of timber output
- The timber industries of Pennsylvania, 1988
XML: View XML