Skip to Main Content
Trends in Timber Use and Product Recovery in New YorkAuthor(s): Eric H. Wharton; Thomas W. Birch; Thomas W. Birch
Source: Res. Note NE-367. Radnor, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Research Station. 7 p.
Publication Series: Research Note (RN)
Station: Northeastern Research Station
View PDF (414.34 KB)
DescriptionHigh demand for a variety of timber products from New York's forests has stimulated increased timber utilization and product recovery. Utilization studies in New York suggest that the recovery of timber has improved over the years. Although current methods of multiproduct harvesting have improved recovery of residual material, an estimated 38.6 million cubic feet, or 16 percent of the total volume harvested for industrial roundwood products, remain unused. There are many opportunities to recover additional amounts of wood materials from the tops of trees, trees destroyed by harvesting, and nongrowing-stock trees. Modifications to current multiproduct harvesting systems could further increase the recovery of these harvesting residues.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, email@example.com if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationWharton, Eric H.; Birch, Thomas W. 1999. Trends in Timber Use and Product Recovery in New York. Res. Note NE-367. Radnor, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Research Station. 7 p.
- Recovery of aboveground biomass in Ohio, 1978
- Trends in timber use and product recovery in Pennsylvania, 1966-1977
- Status of timber utilization on the Pacific Coast.
XML: View XML