Skip to Main Content
Hardwoods for timber bridges : a national program emphasis by the USDA Forest ServiceAuthor(s): James P. Wacker; Ed Cesa
Source: Wood design focus. Vol. 15, no. 2 (summer 2005): p. 7-10.
Publication Series: Miscellaneous Publication
PDF: Download Publication (901 KB)
DescriptionThis paper describes the joint efforts of the Forest Service and the FHWA to administer national programs including research, demonstration bridges, and technology transfer components. Summary information on a number of Forest Service-WIT demonstration bridges constructed with hardwoods is also provided.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationWacker, James P.; Cesa, Ed. 2005. Hardwoods for timber bridges : a national program emphasis by the USDA Forest Service. Wood design focus. Vol. 15, no. 2 (summer 2005): p. 7-10.
KeywordsTimber bridges, hardwoods, USDA Forest Service, national programs
- Chapter 10:Hardwoods for timber bridges
- Wood in transportation program-- an overview
- Field performance of timber bridges. 4, Graves Crossing stress-laminated deck bridge
XML: View XML