The Bitterroot Ecosystem Management Research Project: What we have learnedAuthor(s): Helen Y. Smith
Source: Proc. RMRS-P-17. Ogden, UT: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Rocky Mountain Research Station. 154 p.
Publication Series: Proceedings (P)
Station: Rocky Mountain Research Station
PDF: View PDF (2.8 MB)
DescriptionThe varied topics presented in these symposium proceedings represent the diverse nature of the Bitterroot Ecosystem Management Research Project (BEMRP). Separated into six sections, the papers cover the different themes researched by BEMRP collaborators as well as brief overviews of five other ecosystem management projects. The sections are: Understanding the Ecosystem, Its Parts and Processes; Understanding the People and Their Relationship to the Ecosystem; Implementation for Specific Landscape Areas; Overviews of Other Ecosystem Management Research Projects in the West; Fieldtrip Abstracts; and Poster Session Abstracts. The papers presented here are from a symposium held in order to summarize research conducted under the first five-year charter for BEMRP. The symposium was held 1999 May 18-20 in Missoula, Montana for interested public, land managers, and researchers.
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationSmith, Helen Y. 2000. The Bitterroot Ecosystem Management Research Project: What we have learned. Proc. RMRS-P-17. Ogden, UT: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Rocky Mountain Research Station. 154 p.
Keywordsecosystem management, forest succession, social sciences, landscape-scale modeling
- ECO-Report - Fire recovery in the Bitterroot: "It’s a lot of work!"
- The Bitterroot Ecosystem Management Research Project: How did it happen?
- BEMRP: Beyond the bitterroot
XML: View XML