Skip to Main Content
Estimated timber harvest by U.S. region and ownership, 1950-2002.Author(s): Darius M. Adams; Richard W. Haynes; Adam J. Daigneault
Source: Gen. Tech. Rep. PNW-GTR-659. Portland, OR: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Pacific Northwest Research Station. 64 p
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: Pacific Northwest Research Station
Download Publication (2.0 MB)
DescriptionThis publication provides estimates of total softwood and hardwood harvests by region and owner for the United States from 1950 to 2002. These data are generally not available in a consistent fashion and have to be estimated from state-level data, forest resource inventory statistics, and production of forest products. This publication describes the estimation process and documents the various assumptions. These estimates have been used for the past three decades in the periodic USDA Forest Service timber assessments.
- Visit PNW's Publication Request Page to request a hard copy of this publication.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationAdams, Darius M.; Haynes, Richard W.; Daigneault, Adam J. 2006. Estimated timber harvest by U.S. region and ownership, 1950-2002. Gen. Tech. Rep. PNW-GTR-659. Portland, OR: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Pacific Northwest Research Station. 64 p
KeywordsTimber harvest, forest products, timber supply, forest products trade
- Timber harvests in Alaska: 1910-2006
- Forest statistics of the United States, 1987.
- Wyoming’s forest products industry and timber harvest, 2014: Part IV: Supplemental tables
XML: View XML