Skip to Main Content
Stump-to-mill timber production cost equations for cable logging eastern hardwoodsAuthor(s): Chris B. LeDoux; Chris B. LeDoux
Source: Res. Pap. NE-566. Broomall, PA:. U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Forest Experiment Station. 6 P.
Publication Series: Research Paper (RP)
Station: Northeastern Research Station
PDF: View PDF (950.53 KB)
DescriptionLogging cost simulators and data from logging cost studies have been assembled and converted into a series of equations that can be used to estimate the stump-to-mill cost of cable logging in mountainous terrain in the Eastern United States. These equations include the use of two small and four mediumsize cable yarders and are appropriate for harvested trees ranging in diameter from 6 to 24 inches. Cost components can be determined easily with a hand calculator. A program that can be used with many desktop computers also is available that calculates the total stump-to-mill logging for specific logging conditions.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, email@example.com if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationLeDoux, Chris B. 1985. Stump-to-mill timber production cost equations for cable logging eastern hardwoods. Res. Pap. NE-566. Broomall, PA:. U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Forest Experiment Station. 6 P.
Keywordscable logging, yarding, stump-to-mill costs
- Applications of a stump-to-mill computer model to cable logging planning
- Stump-to-truck cable logging cost equations for young-growth douglas-fir
- Predicting bunching costs for the Radio Horse 9 winch
XML: View XML