Skip to Main Content
Forest statistics for Arkansas' delta countiesAuthor(s): Richard T. Quick; Mary S. Hedlund
Source: Resour. Bull. SO-71. New Orleans, Louisiana: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Southern Forest Experiment Station. 26 p.
Publication Series: Resource Bulletin (RB)
Station: Southern Forest Experiment Station
PDF: View PDF (1.30 MB)
DescriptionThese tables were derived from data obtained during a 1978 inventory of 21 counties comprising the North and South Delta Units of Arkansas (fig. 1). Forest area was estimated from aerial photos with an adjustment for ground truth at selected locations. Sample plots were systematically established at three-mile intervals using a grid oriented roughly N-S and E-W. At each location, prism sample points were distributed over approximately 1 acre. Volume estimates were based on measurement of trees selected at these sample points.
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationQuick, Richard T.; Hedlund, Mary S. 1979. Forest statistics for Arkansas'' delta counties. Resour. Bull. SO-71. New Orleans, Louisiana: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Southern Forest Experiment Station. 26 p.
- Forest statistics for Arkansas' Ouachita counties
- Forest statistics for North Alabama counties
- Forest statistics for Southwest Alabama counties
XML: View XML