Skip to Main Content
Produce yellow-poplar furniture dimension at minimum cost by using YELLOPOPAuthor(s): David G. Marten
Source: NE-RP-592. Broomall, PA: US. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Forest Experiment Station. 15p
Publication Series: Research Paper (RP)
Station: Northeastern Research Station
Download Publication (815.0 KB)
DescriptionDescribes a computer program called YELLOPOP that determines the least-cost combination of lumber grades required to produce a given cutting order of furniture dimension parts. If the least-cost mix is not available, YELLOPOP can be used to determine the next best alternative. The steps involved in using the program are also described.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, email@example.com if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationMartens, David G. 1986. Produce yellow-poplar furniture dimension at minimum cost by using YELLOPOP. NE-RP-592. Broomall, PA: US. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Forest Experiment Station. 15p
Keywordsfurniture, hardwood dimension, lumber yields, dimension yields
- Reduce dimension costs by using WALNUT
- OPTIGRAMI: Optimum lumber grade mix program for hardwood dimension parts
- West Virginia yellow-poplar lumber defect database
XML: View XML