Skip to Main Content
Supply and demand of timber for wood turning in MaineAuthor(s): Eric H. Wharton; Robert L., Jr. Nevel; Douglas S. Powell; Douglas S. Powell
Source: NE-RP-599. Broomall, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Forest Experiment Station. 29 p
Publication Series: Research Paper (RP)
Station: Northeastern Research Station
PDF: View PDF (2.27 MB)
DescriptionAn analytical report on the volume of wood used by the wood-turning industry in Maine, and the volume of timber from the state's timberlands that may be suitable for turnstock. Findings are based on the third forest resource survey of Maine timberlands, and an industry canvass of primary manufacturing mills using wood from Maine timberlands, both conducted in 1982. Presents the volume of turnstock consumed by Maine mills, the volume produced from Maine timberlands, the volume suitable to be harvested for turnstock, and changes over time.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, email@example.com if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationWharton, Eric H.; Nevel, Robert L., Jr.; Powell, Douglas S. 1987. Supply and demand of timber for wood turning in Maine. NE-RP-599. Broomall, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Forest Experiment Station. 29 p
Keywordsforest survey, wood-turning industry, turnstock, consumption, production, supply, counties
- Florida's timber industry - an assessment of timber product output and use, 1993
- Georgia’s timber industry, 2011—timber product output and use—forest inventory and analysis factsheet
- Tennessee’s timber industry, 2011—timber product output and use—forest inventory and analysis factsheet
XML: View XML