Skip to Main Content
Due to a lapse in federal funding, this USDA website will not be actively updated. Once funding has been reestablished, online operations will continue.
Forest statistics for Southwest Louisiana parishesAuthor(s): James F. Rosson; Daniel F. Bertelson
Source: Resour. Bull. SO-103. New Orleans, Louisiana: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Southern Forest Experiment Station. 40 p.
Publication Series: Resource Bulletin (RB)
Station: Southern Forest Experiment Station
View PDF (4.03 MB)
DescriptionThese tables were derived from data obtained during a 1984 inventory of 11 parishes comprising the Southwest Unit of Louisiana (fig. 1). The data on forest acreage and timber volume were secured by a systematic sampling method involving a forest-nonforest classification on aerial photographs and on-the-ground measurements of trees at sample locations. The sample locations were at the intersections of a grid of lines spaces 3 miles apart. At each forest location, per acre estimates were obtained from a 5 BA 37.5 point samples.
- You may send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationRosson, James F., Jr.; Bertelson, Daniel F. 1985. Forest statistics for Southwest Louisiana parishes. Resour. Bull. SO-103. New Orleans, Louisiana: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Southern Forest Experiment Station. 40 p.
- Forest statistics for Northwest Louisiana Parishes
- Forest statistics for North Alabama counties
- Forest statistics for Southwest Alabama counties
XML: View XML