Skip to Main Content
Forest health monitoring: 2004 national technical reportAuthor(s): John W. Coulston; Mark J. Ambrose; Kurt H. Riitters; Barbara L. Conkling
Source: Gen. Tech. Rep. SRS-90. Asheville, NC: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Southern Research Station. 81 p.
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: Southern Research Station
PDF: View PDF (6.46 MB)
DescriptionThe Forest Health Monitoring (FHM) Program’s annual national technical report presents results of forest health analyses from a national perspective using data from a variety of sources. Results presented in the report pertain to the Santiago Declaration’s Criterion 1— Conservation of Biological Diversity and Criterion 3—Maintenance of Forest Ecosystem Health and Vitality. We include status and trend information where possible, consistent with previous FHM national technical reports. Additional analytical techniques and results, new to the national report, are presented as examples of ways forest health data can be used. This report has eight sections. The first contains introductory material. The next four contain results from analyses of status and change for selected forest health indicators, e.g., several measures of forest fragmentation, mortality and defoliation-causing insects and diseases, crown condition, and tree mortality, similar to analyses in previous FHM national reports. The next two sections describe analytical techniques and provide information about assessments presented in the national report for the first time, and the final section is a summary.
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationCoulston, John W.; Ambrose, Mark J.; Riitters, Kurt H.; Conkling, Barbara L. 2005. Forest health monitoring: 2004 national technical report. Gen. Tech. Rep. SRS-90. Asheville, NC: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Southern Research Station. 81 p.
Keywordsassessment, criteria and indicators, crown, dieback, drought, fire, forest health, mortality
- Forest health monitoring: 2002 national technical report
- Introduction to 2005 National Technical Report
- The forest health monitoring national technical reports: examples of analyses and results from 2001-2004
XML: View XML