Skip to Main Content
Estimating yarding costs for the Clearwater yarderAuthor(s): Chris B. LeDoux; Chris B. LeDoux
Source: Res. Pap. NE-609. Broomall, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Forest Experiment Station. 4 p.
Publication Series: Research Paper (RP)
Station: Northeastern Research Station
PDF: View PDF (753.71 KB)
DescriptionDescribes an equation that can be used to estimate yarding costs for the Clearwater yarder in clearcuts and light and heavy thinnings in eastern hardwoods. Yarding costs can be estimated with a hand-held calculator or the data can be incorporated into stump-to-mill desktop and mainframe computer programs.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, email@example.com if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationLeDoux, Chris B. 1987. Estimating yarding costs for the Clearwater yarder. Res. Pap. NE-609. Broomall, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Forest Experiment Station. 4 p.
Keywordsyarding costs, simulation, delays
- Yarding cost for the Koller K300 cable yarder: results from field trials and simulations
- Shift level analysis of cable yarder availability, utilization, and productive time
- Hardwood silviculture and skyline yarding on steep slopes: economic and environmental impacts
XML: View XML