Skip to Main Content
West Virginia timber product output, 2000Author(s): Bruce Hansen; Ed Murriner; Iris Baker; Melody Akers; Melody Akers
Source: Resour. Bull. NE-165. Newtown Square, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Research Station 18 p.
Publication Series: Resource Bulletin (RB)
Station: Northeastern Research Station
View PDF (133.09 KB)
DescriptionAssesses primary wood-processing activities in West Virginia for 2000. West Virginia?s total wood harvest for industrial uses was 202 million cubic feet, up nearly 22 percent from 1994. Sawlog production totaled 803.5 million board feet, a decrease of 8.1 million board feet from 1994. There were 172 sawmills operating in the State in 2000, with only 10 percent accounting for more than half of West Virginia?s lumber production. Fifty-seven mills accounted for 90 percent of the lumber produced. Oak accounted for 43 percent of the State?s production, followed by yellow-poplar at 23 percent. Pulpwood production totaled 732,000 cords, an increase of 110 percent from 1994.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, firstname.lastname@example.org if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationHansen, Bruce; Murriner, Ed; Baker, Iris; Akers, Melody. 2006. West Virginia timber product output, 2000. Resour. Bull. NE-165. Newtown Square, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Research Station 18 p.
Keywordsroundwood production, roundwood consumption, mill receipts, primary processing, sawlogs, veneer logs, pulpwood, engineered wood products
- West Virginia timber products output: 1994
- Wisconsin timber industry--an assessment of timber product output and use, 1994.
- An Examination of Regional Hardwood Roundwood Markets in West Virginia
XML: View XML