Skip to Main Content
Vermont's use-value appraisal property tax program: a forest inventory and analysisAuthor(s): Paul E. Sendak; Donald F. Dennis; Donald F. Dennis
Source: Pap. NE-627. Broomall, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Forest Experiment Station. 68 p.
Publication Series: Research Paper (RP)
Station: Northeastern Research Station
PDF: View PDF (5.6 MB)
DescriptionA statistical report and analysis of the timberland enrolled in the Vermont Use Value Appraisal (UVA) property tax program. The study was conducted using data collected in the fourth forest survey of Vermont (1983). Estimates are presented on land area, timber volumes, tree quality, numbers of live trees, and biomass for timberland enrolled in the UVA program and for all other timberland at the State and geographic unit level. Characteristics of the tirnberland in the program are compared with those of all other tirnberland.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, email@example.com if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationSendak, Paul E.; Dennis, Donald F. 1989. Vermont''s use-value appraisal property tax program: a forest inventory and analysis. Pap. NE-627. Broomall, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Forest Experiment Station. 68 p.
Keywordsuse value appraisal, property tax, forest inventory, area, volume, biomass
- Timber management and use-value assessment
- Working woods: A case study of sustainable forest management on Vermont family forests
- An alternate property tax program requiring a forest management plan and scheduled harvesting
XML: View XML