Skip to Main Content
Financial management for small companiesAuthor(s): Bruce Hansen; Jeff Palmer; Jeff Palmer
Source: In: Meyer, Dan A., ed. Proceedings of the twenty-eighth annual hardwood symposium, West Virginia now--the future for the hardwood industry? Memphis, TN. National Hardwood Lumber Association: 59-63.
Publication Series: Miscellaneous Publication
PDF: Download Publication (302.19 KB)
DescriptionThe wood-products industry is characterized by many small manufacturers that lack the staff to compile and analyze information on their operations and investments. Two computer programs, FRAN and JEFFI, have been developed by the USDA Forest Service at Princeton, West Virginia,to help small companies better analyze and monitor current performance, and better evaluate opportunities to expand operations, move into new product areas, or otherwise make additional investments. These financial management tools are described in detail.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
CitationHansen, Bruce; Palmer, Jeff. 2000. Financial management for small companies. In: Meyer, Dan A., ed. Proceedings of the twenty-eighth annual hardwood symposium, West Virginia now--the future for the hardwood industry? Memphis, TN. National Hardwood Lumber Association: 59-63.
- Low-Cost Opportunity for Small-Scale Manufacture of Hardwood Blanks
- Shift level analysis of cable yarder availability, utilization, and productive time
- Technoeconomic analysis of conventional logging systems operating from stump to landing
XML: View XML