Skip to Main Content
Quincy Mine Blacksmith Shop : condition assesment of timbersAuthor(s): Robert J. Ross; Xiping Wang
Source: Structure magazine. (Sept. 2005): pages 32-34.
Publication Series: Miscellaneous Publication
PDF: Download Publication (629 KB)
DescriptionThe degradation of a wood load-bearing (in-service) member may be caused by any one of several organisms that derive their nourishment or shelter from the wood substrate in which they live. Consequently, it is important to periodically inspect wood structures to determine their condition. A comprehensive manual on the inspection of wood structural elements.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationRoss, Robert J.; Wang, Xiping. 2005. Quincy Mine Blacksmith Shop : condition assesment of timbers. Structure magazine. (Sept. 2005): pages 32-34.
KeywordsWhite pine, structural timbers, building timbers, Quincy mine, blacksmith shops, degradation
- Nondestructive evaluation of timber highway guardrail posts
- Shading aboveground L-joint and lap-joint tests : comparison of white pine and sugar maple test assemblies
- White pine silviculture for timber and wildlife habitat in New England
XML: View XML