Skip to Main Content
Hygrophoraceae (Agaricales) of the Greater Antilles : Hygrocybe subgenus Pseudohygrocybe sections Coccineae and NeohygrocybeAuthor(s): Sharon A. Cantrell; D. Jean Lodge
Source: Mycological research. Vol. 108, no. 11 (Nov. 2004): pages 1301-1314.
Publication Series: Miscellaneous Publication
PDF: Download Publication (448 KB)
DescriptionA key to 17 species in the genus Hygrocybe, subgenus Pseudohygrocybe, sections Coccineae and Neohygrocybe sensu Boertmann is provided for the Greater Antilles. Five new species and five taxa that are new reports for the region are described. The new species in section Coccineae are H. pseudoadonis, H. viridiphylla, and H. zonata. The new species in section Neohygrocybe are H. albomarginata and H. ovinoides. The new reports are H. caespitosa, H. coccinea, H. cf. miniata, H. papillata, and H. subovina. Three new combinations are proposed : Hygrocybe mycenoides, H. papillata and H. subovina.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationCantrell, Sharon A.; Lodge, D. Jean. 2004. Hygrophoraceae (Agaricales) of the Greater Antilles : Hygrocybe subgenus Pseudohygrocybe sections Coccineae and Neohygrocybe. Mycological research. Vol. 108, no. 11 (Nov. 2004): pages 1301-1314.
KeywordsAgaricales, classification, identification, Fungi, Caribbean area, Hygrocybe, Hygrophoraceae, genetic analysis, tropics
- Hygrophoraceae of the Greater Antilles : Hygrocybe subgenus Hygrocybe
- Hygrophoraceae (Agaricales) of the Greater Antilles : Hygrocybe subgenus Pseudohygrocybe section Firmae
- First records of Hygrophoraceae from Panama including a new species of Camarophyllus and a new veiled species in Hygrocybe section Firmae
XML: View XML